Crawling

He who reigns within himself and rules his passions, desires, and fears is more than a king.” – John Milton.

Passion can be seen as a quality of life that hinders an individual’s perception of right and wrong, judgment and ideals. It blinds us from our own intelligence and wisdom, and rather it uses our hearts as a guide to live our life. It is as much a weakness as it is a strength which drives us by the use of our emotions and our desires, rather than our judgment. It can be seen as a link and as a bind towards what we are searching and desiring for. It transforms us in such a way that we are forced without notice to fight for an object of our desire without the lack of knowledge regarding our consequences. Ironically, most people see this passion, this burning desire within them as a strength. The reason for this is the very same reason that many people find passion for weakness. By blocking and by ignoring consequence, and better knowing, we are able to pursue without hindrance. It is often believed that ignorance is bliss, with passion ignorance is merely ignored. I have seen people filled with this passion; a desire for someone they love, a desire for an opportunity, and a passion for their faith. Whatever it be, passion is what allows our hearts to speak and to lead us. It is our strength and it is the very symbol of humanity, to blindly go where no one has gone before.
I firmly believe that to have fought the good fight regardless of victory is far better than to walk wondering what if. Two words in the English dictionary that when put together create one of humanities greatest fears. What if. To be led by passion, means to be led through darkness and through fear, because once through you will not have regret, you may not have joy, but you will have pride and you will have content. Do not let oppurtunities go to waste, because they only come so often.
Therefore, as a result of this I hope that I may be filled with this passion. In whichever regard and object of affection it is, I hope that I will blindly go. That without thinking of consequences, of failure, I will find in myself the passion needed to pursue the impossible, to take that leap of faith and fight for what I love. In doing so I will ignore the consequences, the obstacles and the chance of failure. I will risk everything that I have for what I love, and with every fiber in my body, I will move toward and crawl toward that objective, because it is by hope that leads my spirit and passion that leads my heart and body.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Derek,

woow...deep stuff!
Thanks for sharing this blog with me. =)

Grace