i heart stagnation

I was looking at a friend's blog the other day and came across his post describing 10 things he had learned about himself this past year. Finding it very interesting, i set out trying to compose a list similar to his. Unfortunately, i only came up with seven. Fail. But as I reflect on these 7 attributes, one thing that i noticed is that i haven't really changed all that much since first year. The things i liked and disliked have remained remarkably consistent. Actually, this stagnation, i find it unusually and awkwardly comforting.

1. i don't like tea. Despite the healing component and Asian traditional aspects of it, chai, earl-grey, and even chamomile just seem really bitter to me. The only tea i occasionally enjoy is Milk Tea. Here, copious amounts of milk and sugar is added to cover the natural flavor of the tea, thus making it bearable for me to drink. Even now, i find myself drifting away from the classic BBT as it is being replaced by coffee.

2. i hate being alone.

3. i heart meat. For some reason, i just can't see myself ordering a salad or a veggie sub. And it isn't because i find ordering a salad at a restaurant a waste of money (which i don't think it is), but rather i feel that it somehow emasculates me. However, i will try to absolve my chauvinistic perceptions and tendencies cause i hear greens are in fact - good for you.

4. i love red. A car, a wall, a chair, or even a girl dressed in red, i find nothing as bold, eye catching and attractive.

5. i can't study or do work unless I feel pressured. For some reason unless i'm stressed, i can't just find the means to sit down and focus. However,  I hear that's a good thing though. Studying under pressure actually helps you retain information better.

6. i hate silence.

7. i really, really want to get away.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i knew all of this...except that you can't drink tea straight up haha

Issac Rhim said...

@6 oh you'll *love my small-group then. haha